Sports betting has long been a top pastime for those from Australia, and now, plater scan place wagers on eSports as well! With top-rated sites operating with Australian licenses, you can enjoy wagering on leading games and tournaments that are played around the world. The eSports market is one of the fastest-growing in the industry, and Australia offers super options if you want to bet online or on a mobile device.
Fans of eSports will be looking for sites that support agers on the most popular games. You can be sure that all of the listed Aussie sites offer wagers to place on Dota 2, LoL, CS:GO, Overwatch, Fortnite, and many other games. Not only is Australia home to some great online bookies, but it also hosts some major eSports events!
The Melbourne eSports Open is the largest eSports event in Australia, and it is an annual event. Here, professional gamers will play a series of tournaments, and many of the top games are featured. This event takes place over a weekend and attracts thousands of fans and bettors.
If you are looking to get involved in online eSports betting from Australia, we have everything you need to know. Read on to learn all about markets, mobile betting, in-play wagering, top licensed sites, and more!
Is eSports Betting Legal in Australia?
Online sports betting is completely legal for those that reside in Australia, and you can find trusted sites offering great odds on the most popular eSports. The current Australian laws allow states to regulate online betting. At this time, the only area with licensed bookies is the Northern Territory. Offshore sites are also accessible to Aussie bettors, where they can enjoy in-play betting, super promotional offers, and some of the best odds in the industry. With many online bookies operating, there are endless choices when it comes to placing bets from Australia. It can all be done legally, and local and international tournaments and events are available for wagering.
In Australia, the online licensed bookies are in the Northern Territory. They hold a license from the Northern Territory Racing Commission. There are also many other options to bet on eSports. Offshore sites accept Aussie punters, and it is completely legal for anyone of the legal gambling age to engage in real money wagering at such sites.
In order for any site to be able to offer betting services to Aussies, the site must obtain a license. This also applies to sites that are not operating in Australia. Once a license has been acquired, the site can offer betting to Aussie residents legally.
eSports Bookies Operating in Australia
In addition to eSports betting sites that are available in Australia, many offshore sites cater to the needs of Aussie bettors, so there is no shortage of bookies. These are all licensed and regulated and offer secure access to Aussie gamers. With these trusted sites, you can engage in real money betting and enjoy some of the top odds online.
Here, you can learn more about the eSports bookies that are in Australia. These all offer great eSports betting odds along with some fantastic promotions for new and returning members. All of these sites also have a strong stance on responsible gaming.
· Sportsbet – Sportsbet has been operating since 1993 and offers Aussies a legal way to engage in online betting. This site has a great range of eSports supported, including League of Legends, Overwatch, and Dota 2. With a great offering of basic and exotic wagers, you will benefit from opening an account with Sportsbet.
· Bet365 – Bet365 is one of the largest bookmakers in the world, and it is licensed to operate in Australia. Australian players who sign up will be able to bet on various eSports but will not be able to place live bets online. These bets must be placed via phone. Live streaming of events is offered. Due to laws, there are no welcome bonuses provided for Aussie players.
· BetEasy – BetEasy is one of the preferred Australian betting sites, and it is a top choice for fans of eSports. Formerly known as Crown Bet, this site offers extensive betting options along with a mobile platform. You will find all of the latest odds listed as well so you can make educated decisions when betting on the most popular eSports in the industry.
· PlayUp – This Australian owned and operated site offers all of the popular eSports games and betting options. You will find competitive odds and lines and can always wager on your favorite teams, leagues, and games. The site also offers PlayUp fantasy eSports, where you can win real money by choosing a virtual team of your favourite professional gamers.
How to Choose an eSports Bookie in Australia
When you are choosing a site to place wagers, there are many things to consider. Not every bookie will offer betting eSports options, and not all sites operate legally and ethically. Before you sign up at a betting site, be sure to read through site reviews and take some time to learn as much as possible about individual sites.
One of the most important things is to make sure your chosen bookie is licensed. All of the legal online betting sites in Australia must have a license to offer any real money wagering. This ensures sites adhere to laws and regulations and offer a secure environment.
You will also want to take some time to check out what eSports are supported. While most sites will cover all of the major games like Dota 2, League of Legends, and CS:GO, you may be interested in betting on other sports. By reading reviews of sites, you can learn what is offered as well as what types of bets can be placed when you open an account.
As an Aussie player, you also want to make sure there are trusted and secure banking options that allow for transactions to be made using Australian Dollars. You will find that most sites offer the most trusted methods, so finding a payment option should not be difficult. By making sure the site is licensed, you will benefit from secure transactions and player protection at all times.
Before choosing to register at any site, make sure it meets the following criteria:
· Licensed and regulated
· Positive reviews and a solid reputation
· Competitive odds
· Decent coverage of events
· Bonuses and promotions
· Secure banking options
· 24-hour customer support services
Payment Methods in Australia eSports Betting
When it comes time to place your eSports bet, you want to make sure you have trusted payment methods available. The best sites accepting Aussie players will offer a wide range of payment options. These are all secure and offer a fast and simple way to fund and manage an account.
One of the great things is that you will be able to deposit in Australian Dollars and will benefit from instant deposits with no added fees. Each site will have a list of methods that can be used, viewable at the cashier. As a player, you will choose one of these, enter the deposit amount, and provide any other required details. The funds will then be transferred into your account. You can instantly start to place your bets and enjoy top odds and super payouts.
Here are the most popular options for Australian gamers looking to enjoy the world of real money eSports betting.
· Credit Cards – Credit cards offer a fast and secure way to get funds into your account. The major sportsbooks in the industry will accept payments via MasterCard, Visa, and Maestro. These options can also be used to conduct withdrawals after you have earned payouts.
· eWallets – An e-wallet is a simple way to manage funds, and you will find that the best eSports betting sites in Australia will allow payments to be made using Neteller and Skrill. These are the most popular e-wallet options being used by Aussie bettors.
· Cryptocurrency – Many online betting sites are now accepting cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. With this, you do not have to provide any personal information. All transactions are anonymous, and you can enjoy fast processing and complete protection.
· PayPal – PayPal is another e-wallet option and is one of the world’s most trusted banking methods. If you do not want to relay banking information to a betting site and want fast and secure transactions, PayPal is a great option.
The Most Popular eSports Games for Betting in Australia
If you are looking to get in on the action of Australian eSports betting, you will find many opportunities. The best betting sites will support popular games that offer amazing betting odds and multiple types of wagers. With hundreds of eSports leagues around the world and many events and tournaments being played, there are always some super opportunities to wager and win.
Here, we take a look at the top eSports games being enjoyed by punters in Australia. You will find the chance to wager on your favourite teams, individual players, and so much more. Watch for major events that can offer impressive odds. You will even find local Aussie professional players competing!
Check out the most popular games and get ready to place your wagers on who will be the next champions in the world of eSports. Aside from what we discuss below, some of the major events in the eSports betting market include:
· Call of Duty Championship
· Halo World Championship
· Dota Major Championships
· Intel Extreme Masters
CS:GO (Counter Strike: Global Offensive)
CS:GO is one of the most popular eSports games being played today. At leading betting sites, you will find the chance to wager on tournaments and professional eSports players from all over the world. Counter Strike is a top-rated first-person shooter game and offers great payout opportunities for bettors. Prize pools for events can top $1 million!
If you are a fan of CS:GO, you will find that all of the best betting sites in Australia will support wagers and offer super odds. CS:GO betting offers some of the most diverse markets of all eSports. You can enjoy betting on tournaments and matches and can even make bets in advance.
League of Legends
Anyone who has an interest in eSports will have heard of League of Legends. This is one of the biggest eSports being played today, and millions of players are involved. This game is supported at most online betting sites and is one of the most common of all eSports games. There are dozens of tournaments that are held each year around the world, and you can bet on all of them. Million-dollar prize pools attract professional players, and live events sell out regularly. This multiplayer online battle arena title offers competitive play and many betting options.
Overwatch is a multiplayer first-person shooter game that is one of the most popular out there. For the past two years, this game has attracted players worldwide and offers some serious money to tournament winners. Betting sites offer many wagering options on all matches, and eSports fans are always ready to watch live events as they are streamed at top Aussie bookies. Most sites will offer wagers on match winners, though other eSports bets like Handicap and Outright Winner are also supported.
If you want to bet eSports and are looking for a popular game, Dota 2 may be the right choice. This is a battle arena game that is tied for popularity with league of Legends. It has had some of the highest eSports prize money payouts in the industry and has more than 12 million monthly users. There are many Championship games to place wagers on, with the most popular being the Dota H Cup and the Internationals. Some of the more popular types of bets to place on Dota 2 include Moneyline, Map Betting, and Overs and Unders.
Bonus Offers & Promotions for eSports Betting in Australia
The National Gambling Framework banned the ability for any Australians to take advantage of a welcome offer when they sign up with an online bookie. This went into effect in 2019. New members will not have the chance to receive free bets or risk-free offers. However, if the site does provide ongoing bonuses for returning members, these can be redeemed.
Each site will have different offers that are available for eSports. While there are not too many promotions available to Aussie bettors, you can still find some great deals that can boost your account balance or offer free bets. Some of the types of promo deals you can find when you choose any of the licensed Aussie sites include:
· Accumulator Bonus – Some sites will provide an Acca bonus where you can be rewarded for betting on multiple selections. This can include a cashback bonus for betting multiple legs. There are also Acca Insurance bonuses where players can get their money back in the form of a free bet if the chosen accumulator bet loses.
· Cashback Offers – These are a popular form of bonus and are a great way to recoup some losses. The site will offer a percentage of your losses back after you have deposited and settled bets.
· Reload Bonuses – These are match offers that will be presented when you add funds to an existing account. Reload bonuses will require a minimum deposit, and funds can be used to place additional eSports wagers.
· Odds Boosts – These will be offered on specific games or events and will boost the odds, allowing you to win more without having to increase your wager amount.
eSports Live Betting in Australia
Live betting is a great way to enjoy eSports wagering and get the latest and greatest odds. Until recently, bettors in Australia were limited to seeing results as they were updated. Now, there are many streaming options where you can watch games as they are played, taking the betting experience to a new level. Streamers can watch live events from all over the world.
However, when it comes to eSports live betting, there are limitations. For most sports in Australia, with the exception of horse racing, in-play betting is illegal. If any live bets are to be made, they must be made over the phone only.
All of the operating eSports betting sites in Australia do offer live betting. You will see the latest odds and a complete schedule of events listed on the homepage. Members can place bets on live events, though it must all be done by phone.
Mobile eSports Betting
Many top operating betting sites in Australia also offer eSports betting apps that can be installed on an Android or iOS device. If a site has an app, you can download it right from the main online sportsbook. You will also be able to find apps for iOS devices on the App Store. All apps are free to download, and you should have the latest operating system installed. This will ensure you have the best possible experience when wagering using your smartphone or tablet.
With many players in Australia using a mobile device to wager at leading bookies, you will find that the best online sites cater to mobile gamblers and always offer secure access. In addition to apps for Android and iOS devices, you will find sites offering web-based platforms. With these, no installation is required, and any operating system can be used. These mobile sites are compatible with all devices and offer instant access through the supported browser.
You should note that some sites will require an app to be downloaded if you plan to stream any live events. With all mobile bookies, you will have access to the most popular eSports and various betting options. These platforms will also offer standings in the latest tournaments, updated odds, customer support, secure banking, and promotional offers.